Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Women's Basketball Big Three


Of all my stories, I was least excited for this one. Sorry girls. I got the story from my mentor and called the coach for some information. Immediately she started saying what she wanted in the story, what had to be included, who needed to be included and so on and so forth. Then, she called back and said she didn't want us to write about them until the fall because it would give other teams info on their star players. My mentor gave the coach a call and straightened it all out when I couldn't get through to her that CFP's were ending and there was no other time. I got the numbers to the three girls and asked them questions. When I began writing the story, I was stuck. I didn't have a lead, I didn't know what the story should even be about. I began writing things until finally something sounded half way decent and the copy editors ended up liking it. As for the coach, she called back and told me a few more things I needed to add to the story. Unfortunately none of them made it into the story through the copy editors. Oh well...

No comments: